Study: Idaho Has the 7th Lowest Tax Rates in the NationMar 14th, 2017 | By Sarah Glenn | Category: Finance/Investment
Just how much do we dislike taxes and tax collectors? And does this stance affect how long we put off tax prep?
In search of answers to those questions and more, WalletHub conducted a nationally representative survey of 500 taxpayers. They asked about everything from whether they expect a refund to which divisive pop culture figures they view more or less favorably than the IRS.
WalletHub’s Taxpayer Survey features a wide range of fun facts about people’s opinions on tax prep, the IRS and more, while the tax rate report compares the cost of the average person’s various obligations in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 7th – Overall Effective State & Local Tax Rate
- 28th – Vehicle Property Tax
- 32nd – Sales & Excise Taxes
2017 Taxpayer Survey
- What We’d Do For A Tax-Free Future…20% would get an “IRS” tattoo, 16% would move abroad and 10% would stop talking for six months.
- Will Donald Trump’s tax reforms save us money? “No” is the runaway winner, receiving 65% of the vote.
- What We’d Rather Be Doing Than Taxes…30% would talk sex with the kids, 40% would get dirty with diapers and 12% would spend the night in jail.
- Whom We’d Most Like To Punch…Donald Trump (51%) was the top choice for the individual most deserving of a pop to the kisser, while only 12% opted for an IRS agent.